To Donate:

To join my team financially or to be on my mailing list, email me at ClaireMarshBB@neomailbox.com.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Arrested


As I write this, my dear friend is in police custody and is undergoing "public prosecution." She has been staying at my house to evade arrest after being expelled from her University along with 40+ other students for "encouraging activity in illegal protests" - aka writing anti-government things on facebook.

Today she was arrested while doing a sit-in at the UN building with two other girls (news article). Her 23 yr-old brother has been in prison for several weeks now, and until two days ago, they did not know his whereabouts. She is on a "hunger strike" and has not eaten in twelve days. Doctors Without Borders have checked on her periodically, but today they found that her body is beginning to break down muscle mass.

She has been staying at my house because it is safer for her (even her family doesn't know where it is), but has yet to return tonight. Please pray not only for her safety, but that through this experience she will see her need for Christ. Pray that I will have good conversations with her over the next few days as she stays with me. Thank the Lord, also, that I can be here during this time with she and her family.

Thank you for your prayers! I have told her my friends are praying and she is very grateful
"Claire"

No comments:

Post a Comment