To Donate:

To join my team financially or to be on my mailing list, email me at ClaireMarshBB@neomailbox.com.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kuwait

Because of my visa, I occasionally have to leave the country. I decided Monday to go to Kuwait on Tuesday. Such spontaneity.

I stayed just 28 hours, but really enjoyed Kuwait City. It's a lot like Dubai, but more Arab. Everywhere else I've traveled in the Gulf there were enough English speakers that I didn't need to use my Arabic, but Kuwait seems to have few. I had a conversation with a cabbie who said to me (in Arabic) "your arabic is very good. Where are you from?" I was so proud of myself and actually quite surprised that I understood what he was saying to me.

I made the trip there alone, but was joined the next day by Will & Jason. The night I arrived there was a lightning-heavy thunderstorm (which I enjoyed, because Bahrain doesn't have any of those, and neither did the city I lived in the last two years), and the following day the air was dust-filled and humid.

Kuwait City near my Hotel

Kuwait Stock Exchange Building
Souq Vendors Protecting the Nuts & Dates

A Shark & a Spotted Ray at the Aquarium

Sign Reads: Al Masjid Al Kabir (the Grand Mosque)

The Kuwait Towers

The Dusty Skyline from the Tower's Observation Deck






No comments:

Post a Comment