My friend "A" is facing a lot of political persecution. Last week she was pulled out of class and interrogated by government forces about her recent political involvement. She described it as “humiliating” and despite her pleasant face and “Al-hamdullilah”s (Praise be to God), I know it’s hard. Many students are being singled out for their involvement and will likely be kicked out of university soon. It appears that the government is systematically trying to punish every person who was protesting in February.
Last Saturday night just hours after I visited her and her mother at home, the government's forces raided their house at 1am, arresting her 23 year-old brother. They destroyed many things in the home, harassed and insulted A and her family, and took their computers.
She is relatively safe at her sister's house in another part of the island. Her brother is likely in prison, but they have no idea where to begin looking for him, fearing their own safety in even doing that. I called her today to visit, but she said that it would not be safe for me and that she couldn't say much else over the phone. I am concerned for her and her family and would appreciate your prayers. I've told her I am praying for peace from Jesus for them, and she has asked on a few occasions that I continue doing so.
Ask Christ to reveal Himself to A's brother as he is likely going through an extremely rough time. Pray that her family would be able to find comfort in Jesus that they cannot find elsewhere. I have recently given A an Arabic Bible, so pray that she will read it in search of answers and find them in Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment